Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bento Boxes in Orlando


So since I don't cook like everyone else here, Art wanted me to give input on food, what I like, where I've been and stuff like that.

I'm still thinking about my recent trip to Orlando for a trade show. We went to a Japanese restaurant called Rangetsu. I would love to find the same type of place in Chicago area or St. Louis where I live now.

The first thing about this restaurant that I really enjoyed was the ambiance and atmosphere. The hostesses were dressed as Geisha's, and there was a perfect view outside where there was a scenic wood bridge and Koi fish swimming in the pond below the bridge. I felt so relaxed and tranquil awaiting my dinner.

Next was how they served you. I had to have silverware (although my party used chopsticks) and they placed a designed paper down before placing the silverware, also for the drinks, and each plate had a flower resting in the corner.

What I want again that I ordered was a BENTO Box. You had a list of items you could choose, it came in a wood box with 4 square dishes. Tiny tastes of many foods. I had the Shrimp and Vegetable Tempura (oh so nicely, lightly battered), Gyoza dumplings, and Kobe Beef. The beef came with asparagus and with the tempura there was one vegetable I think was sweet potato or some sweet, orange squash - it was soooo good.

A desert was ordered with 4 bites of cake and this green (ugly looking but tasted great) creme' buliee' (sorry if I spelled it wrong) .

So anyone with ideas for these two areas would be great. Eating is one thing but combined with great atmosphere and service, is like heaven!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a stellar review! You captured the essence of the charming restaurant you visited; the service, ambience & food sounds spectacular!

    ReplyDelete