Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mario's Italian Lemonade


If you're from Chicago there's a place three minutes from downtown everyone should know. It's called Mario's Italian Lemonade Stand. Simply stated, Mario's has the best Italian Lemonade I ever tasted in my life. When in the downtown area in the summertime I still go there. My children know it as someplace we'd go for a treat. Even when I lived 35 miles away on a summer evening we would drive into the city just to get some Italian Ice.

When Sammy Sosa hit his 60th Homer in 1999 I was with my kids sitting in the car on Taylor and Aberdeen eating Italian Lemonade out front of Mario's. I have loved it since my first lick. Even back when I drove a Limousine about 20 years ago, when someone visiting Chicago asked me to take them someplace that was truly Chicago. I took them to Mario's and every single person I took there was impressed.

It's in the UIC neighborhood at 1068 W. Taylor St. Close to 12th St. Beach, The United Center and US Cellular Field.

Try it, you'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment